We're so excited to have you participate in the 2019 UF Homecoming Parade! In order for your application to be considered, you must complete all of the following fields.
Please fill out your personal information in this section.
Your first and last name
Please fill out the following information as it pertains to your organization. The application fees for each organization type are summarized in the table below.
|UF student organization
|Alachua County elementary/middle/high school organization
|Non-profit or veteran organization
|For profit business and other general participants
**Corporations are unable to classify as a for profit business, but are welcome to contribute to Homecoming and Gator Growl as a sponsor**
Floats and special units MUST answer all of the following questions to be considered.
Please read the following information about minors and fill in the checkbox once completed.
- Minors, 17 years of age or under, who are participating in the parade can dropped off at the Bull Gator statue in front of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium – near the corner of Gale Lemerand Drive and Stadium Road. Florida Blue Key will provide student volunteers who will escort these children to their floats, which will be located in the O’Connell Center parking lot. These student volunteers will complete the University’s Youth Protection Training and a background check before escorting any children.
- Except for that period of time where children are being escorted from the Bull Gator to the floats, children must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or authorized adult (including those running a float) at all times. At the conclusion of the parade your organization is responsible for returning the children to their parents, guardians or other authorized adults.
Please read over the following policies and check "I agree" once completed.
- Florida Blue Key is not responsible for any damages to floats, trailers, special units, or automobiles that takes place during the Parade and Parade set-up.
- Florida Blue Key is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Absolutely no advertising or solicitation is allowed. Violators will be removed from the parade by the Gainesville Police Department.
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to participate in the Parade and will not be refunded their application fee.
- Corporations and other large businesses are not permitted to register for the parade, but are more than welcome to sponsor Homecoming and Gator Growl.
- The application fee is nonrefundable.
- General rule: Only current sitting-office holders are allowed to participate in their official capacity in the parade; candidates for office may not participate in the parade, unless they are participating in the parade in another capacity (e.g. participating on a float with family members) so long as no reference (written, verbal, visual, or otherwise) is made to their candidacy.
- No political or election material may be distributed during the parade.
- Parade participants should not display or convey in any format (written, verbal, visual, or otherwise) any political messaging during the parade. Except, the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections may have a float in the parade to promote voting in general, so long as the message also complies with the general homecoming theme.
Please read over the following information pertaining to operations on the day of the parade and check "I agree" once completed.
Prior to the Parade, your group will be organized in the O’Connell Center Parking Lot and the special units on Gale Lemerand. This helps reduce the confusion in organizing the Parade both for you, the participant, as well as the Parade Staff.
There will be 6 waves*. You will be assigned to a wave 2 weeks before the parade.
- Wave A: 8:00-8:25
- Wave B: 8:30-8:55
- Wave C: 9:00-9:25
- Wave D: 9:30-9:55
- Wave E: 10:00-10:25
- Wave F: 10:30-10:55
*Note that severe weather may impact the procedures listed above.
*Note that exact times are subject to change and will be communicated by the parade committee.
Upon clicking submit, you will be redirected to the University of Florida's payment portal. Note that your application will not be considered until you have successfully submitted payment! You will receive an email confirmation at the email address you provide in UF's payment system.